When it comes to the word 'natural', each person has a different definition. Here at Stephanie's Soapery, this is what we use in our natural soap bars....
- Oils (olive, coconut, etc.) and butters (like Shea)
- Essential oils (or unscented)
- Natural colors from clay (like kaolin) or ground spices (like turmeric)
- Natural additives (like oatmeal & honey)
We also have some 'nearly natural' soaps which are similar, aside from the colorant. For these bars we may use:
- Nature identical colorants OR just a touch of skin safe colorant called mica (Mica is used to add color to eye shadow, lipstick, and other make-up). These bars are 99% natural.
Our Natural bars:
- Goat's Milk, Oatmeal, & Honey - these bars are unscented and feature both ground oatmeal and colloidal oatmeal. Along with the goat's milk and honey, these ingredients are gentle on the skin, as well as nourishing and moisturizing. This is one of our bestselling bars!
- Juicy Citrus - a bright and refreshing essential oil blend of Pink Grapefruit, Sweet Orange, Lemon, Lime, and Litsea Cubeba. Kaolin clays are used to color this soap.
- Lavender & Charcoal - scented with relaxing Lavender essential oil. Activated charcoal gives this bar extra cleansing properties, while cocoa butter is extra moisturizing.
- COMING SOON Rise & Shine - Lavender, Cedarwood, and a handful of citrus essential oils come together in this vibrant, fresh blend created by Stephanie!
Our Nearly Natural bars:
- Lavender Hemp & Shea - scented with Lavender essential oil and featuring the extra moisturizing duo of Hemp Seed Oil and Shea Butter. This bar is 99% natural with mica used for the lovely purple swirls.
- Peppermint + Spearmint - bright and minty fresh, these bars are scented with essential oils and are nearly natural with a very small amount of colorant used. Over 99% natural.
- Revive Hemp & Shea - a blend of Peppermint, Rosemary, and Lemongrass essential oils. We added a touch of nature identical colorant to these bars. Hemp Seed Oil and Shea Butter and are a special treat for your skin.
- Seaside Grove - a unique blend of Cedarwood, Lemongrass, Rosemary, and Eucalyptus essential oils. With just a touch of mica, this bar is 99% natural.
It's so much fun creating new and exciting essential oil blends for our Naturals Collection, and we have plans to add more bath and body care products to it.
We strive to use the most natural and healthy ingredients available in all of our products, even those not considered 100% natural. That's why we choose phthalate free fragrances, preservatives that are free of parabens and formaldehyde, and plant derived ingredients as much as possible.
We hope you LOVE using these bars as much as we love making them.
P.S. To be technical, you'd be hard pressed to find a truly natural bar of soap. Today, soapmakers use lye created in a laboratory instead of creating it ourselves from woodash. And of course, you'll never find a bar of soap in nature. We simply mean that some of our soap bars are made from naturally derived ingredients for those that prefer to avoid synthetic fragrances and colorants.